Here it is 2012 and there are many things still on my list that I wanted to to do last year. So I’m updating my list and making a conscious effort to start crossing some things off! 🙂
*Items in green are currently in progress. Items in purple are completed.
Things I want to do in 2012:
1. Get a passport – DONE! 🙂 And traveled to Denmark in March of 2012.
2. Lose 15 pounds to be at the optimal BMI for health (BMI 22)
3. List 500 items in my jewelry shop online – http://www.etsy.com/shop/biddysbeads
4. Simplify my house…keep only what I need – donate/recycle the rest.
5. Learn more! Read more!
6. Begin a scrapbook for Demetrius and I. – I can’t believe I haven’t done this yet! I’ve saved a lot of things though!
7. Get my old cell phones cleared out and then donate them to someone that can use them. (Domestic violence shelter for women? Our troops stationed overseas?)
8. Complete 12 week Body for Life Program.
9. Beat my personal best 5K time of 27:10.
10. Blog more!
Things I want do before leaving Kentucky:
1. Visit Shaker Village
2. Visit Mammoth Cave
3. Visit Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge
4. Eat at 5 Lexington Restaurants that I haven’t been to
5. Versailles Castle
6. Camp at Lake Cumberland
Things I want to do someday:
- Complete a triathlon.
- Learn to play golf.
- Learn to ski.
- Go snorkeling.
- Travel outside of the USA. -Done! Denmark March 2012
- Go on a cruise.
- Visit the Grand Canyon.
- Visit the Galapagos Islands.
- Have/adopt a child.
- Beat my best marathon time of 5:41:18.
- Get a complete makeover.
- Learn something new daily for a year and blog it.
- Ride a horse…scary since I’m allergic to horses.
- Visit Yellowstone Park.
- Camp on the beach.
- Be 1st author on a scientific manuscript.
- Create a super organized crafting space.
- Stop using plastic grocery bags.
- Visit my childhood best friend, Louise.
- See a pyramid.
- See the Great Wall of China.
- Go on a safari.
- Go to a murder mystery dinner.
- Volunteer for at least 5 different charitable causes.
- Go whitewater rafting.
- Sponsor a child.
- Ride a moped.
- Send a different friend a card or letter for 12 months.
- Ride a camel.
- Have 6 pack abs.
- Learn to edit photos in photoshop or gimp (i.e. reduce shiny face, red eyes, etc).
- Go to a drive in movie.
- Learn to make a fire without matches.
- Scuba dive.
- Bottle feed puppies or kittens that have been orphaned. Find the babies a home when they are ready.
- Ride a zipline.
- See a volcano.
- Research my family tree as far back as possible and get a really cool family tree picture made.
- Ride a segway.
- Send a message in a bottle.
- Help train/socialize a service dog.
- Have a big garden and share the food.
- Learn to can food.
- Be a foster parent to a child.
- Foster animals.
- Play 20 questions with 20 friends to learn more about them.
- Go geocaching.
- Do 10 unassisted pullups.
- Take my dogs somewhere and work with them until they aren’t afraid of the water and let them swim.
- Play on a slip-and-slide.
- Be the person up in the air at a VT football game.
- Take a self defense class.
- Ride on a sailboat.
- Go on a retreat with close girl friends.
- Take my husband on a surprise weekend getaway.
- Host a Halloween costume party.
- Spend the day picking berries at a berry farm.
- Adopt 2 children from the Angel tree at Christmas and spend the day shopping for them with my husband.
- Harvest honey.
- Build a raised vegetable garden.
- Take a trip with my brother – just the 2 of us.
- Spend a day at a spa.
- Shoot a gun at a shooting range.
- Finish a 365 Photography Project.
- Start a pay it forward chain.